We all do it rather it be a New Years resolution to lose weight or just waking up one day saying to yourself I'm ready to lose some weight.
You really keep up the weight loss motivation for about a week or maybe two and then it starts to all fall apart when you jog past the ice cream shop and eventually you are back to where you once started, so how do you keep yourself motivated to stay on track with your weight loss goals? In this post I'm going to list a few awesome tips to keep you going strong.
Top 10 Ways To Keep Motivated When Losing Weight
- Finding a partner to lose weight with really helps the both of you by keeping you accountable to each other. This could easily be your spouse, friend or someone you met at the park either way this is a great way to keep you going with your weight loss goals.
- You could always hire a professional trainer to guide you and be your weight loss buddy. Professional trainer rates will and do vary greatly, but if you want the best weight loss coach expect to pay for it. After all you wouldn't want someone who looks like they just got off a family guy episode, so I guess what I'm saying is you get what you pay for most of the time when it comes to hiring a weight loss personal trainer.
- If you do not have a friend or significant other or don't have the funds for a personal trainer no need to worry! You can start a weight loss blog and post about your goals and keep track of your progress. Your readers of your blog do a pretty good job at helping you stay motivated.
- Keep a food log and track your progress. You can learn more about how to keep a food log here.
- Join a gym! By joining a gym it helps give you a place to find like minded individuals who are at all sorts of stages with their health. One of the best things about a gym is that most have classes that you can attend such as yoga, aerobics and the real good ones will have classes that teach you about nutrition.
- Believe it or not a lot of people forget about this simple trick to help keep you going. Take a before picture of yourself with how you look now and then every few weeks take another picture and this will really help keep you motivated.
- Join a weight loss challenge like our 90 Day Skinny Fiber weight loss Challenge were you get to compete against other people and win t-shirts and you could even win a 1,000 dollars the thing about it is that it really makes it fun to lose weight that you wanna lose to start with so why not try to win some cool stuff.
- When you have the feeling of I'm not doing this today remind yourself that is how you got the way you are in the first place, so suck it up and get at it get mad and use that as a drive to do it.
- Do your best to prevent lack of motivation to start with by tossing out all the sweets and only buying healthy foods and snacks. At first you will feel as though why did I do that, but in time you will get use to it.
- If you have a pair of pants around that use to fit you keep them and every once in awhile try to fit back into them and once you do fit back into them you will feel so proud of yourself that you will want to continue to keep up with your weight loss goals.
Do you have any awesome weight loss motivational tips you would like to share? Please leave a comment so that other people can hear about your ideas.